Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Outsourced


The company I work for has finally removed the computers, desks and furniture from the department they outsourced earlier this year. A lot of my friends used to work here – as did I before I was transferred, so becoming one of the few survivors.

It’s all about the bottom line, people. You don’t count – they will do this to you if they get the right offer. Australians have apathetically kissed goodbye most of their traditional working rights. Why? They must like empty rooms.

(Thanks to “extensible” for taking this photo!)

(Also happy birthday Les!)

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you like the picture ... does look sad with all that space ...

Lien said...

I think you are standing at about the spot where I used to sit!

blackwell said...

A shadow of its former glory. Sad to see this sort of thing.